Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Success... Kind of...




I started the car today. For safety's sake, I moved my wife's car from in front of the garage, and opened the door before attempting to start. Pretty good thing I did too, as forward was fine, but 30 seconds in, the controller exploded, jammed the car full speed in reverse (thankfully I had put it in reverse moments before) and, tires screeching, slammed the car into the rear of the garage, destroying two garbage cans, poking a nice hole in the wall, and annihilating a wooden rack containing among other things about 40 pounds of nicely sorted nuts and bolts. These promptly went into the back of the car with a huge crash. The circuit breaker tripped and stopped the 10 seconds of madness. The good news is it all works! Now to start putting it back together again while I wait for the new controller...


1 comment:

Travis said...

are you still working on this? I have a 76 TR7 that I am thinking about converting and am looking for some advice.